What is a Stroke Smart Medical Practice?
A Stroke Smart Medical Practice aims to improve patient outcomes through education. By training staff and patients to identify the signs of a stroke, these practices ensure stroke victims get proper emergency care as quickly as possible.
5 Elements of a Stroke Smart Medical Practice
Beginning with a free Stroke Smart Medical Practice kit, these practices are equipped with the educational resources and tools to:
- Train all office staff to spot strokes and follow practice protocol – especially those who answer the phone
- Provide Stroke Smart education and resources for all patients – wallet cards, posters, magnets
- Identify high-risk patients and provide targeted Stroke Smart education – including prevention, signs and symptoms, and the need to share this information with caregivers
- Incorporate Stroke Smart script in voicemail system and instruct calling 9-1-1
- Provide feedback on Stroke Smart effectiveness
Want to begin a Stroke Smart Medical Practice pilot in your office? Let us know here.