The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) Foundation announced the winners of their annual Salute to Service Awards. Seven Virginia physicians are being recognized from across the Commonwealth for their outstanding service in six categories: Service to — the Profession, the Uninsured and Underinsured, the International Community, Advancing Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, service by a Medical Student or Resident – and a special category, Service to Healthcare During COVID-19.
The premiere award, Service to the Profession, has been given to William L. Harp, MD of Midlothian, Virginia. Dr. Harp is the Executive Director of the Virginia Board of Medicine.
The 2022 Winners of the MSV Foundation’s Salute to Service Awards include:
- Edgar B. Rodas, MD of Glen Allen, Service to the International Community
- William L. Harp, MD of Midlothian, Service to the Profession
- Mary Suzanne Kraemer, MD of Roanoke, Service for Advancing Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Lauren Canary of Roanoke, Service by a Medical Student or Resident
- Catherine Casey, MD of Charlottesville, Service to the Uninsured and Underserved
- Charles R. Joseph, MD of Lynchburg, Service to the Uninsured and Underserved
- Michael Dacey, MD of Newport News, Service to Healthcare During COVID-19
The MSV Foundation created the annual Salute to Service Awards in 2004 to recognize outstanding efforts of physicians, residents, and medical students who are dedicated to creating and nurturing a caring health promotion and disease prevention environment by providing service on behalf of patients everywhere.
The Medical Society of Virginia Foundation presented the 2022 Salute to Service Awards at their annual Physicians Gala on October 29, 2022, at the Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, Virginia.
About the Medical Society of Virginia Foundation
The MSV Foundation (MSVF) advances opportunities for physicians to participate in health improvement efforts in Virginia by supporting programs and initiatives that equip physicians to best serve themselves, their patients and their communities. For more information, visit www.msv.org/foundation.