AMPAC is excited to announce that the 2024 AMPAC Candidate Workshop will be held in person, March 22-24, 2024, at the AMA offices in Washington, DC – registration now OPEN!
Ever wonder how Doctors get elected to Congress or your state legislature? Considering a run for office for yourself? The AMPAC Candidate Workshop will teach you how to run a winning political campaign, just like we taught many of your AMA colleagues over the years. The Candidate Workshop is designed to help you make the leap from the exam room to the campaign trail and give you the skills and strategic approach you will need to make a run for public office.
At the Candidate Workshop, Republican and Democratic political veterans work together to give you expert advice about being a successful candidate and how to run a winning campaign. You will learn:
- the importance of a disciplined campaign plan and message
- the secrets of effective fundraising
- what kinds of advertising may be right for your campaign
- how to work with the media; as well as how to build your campaign team and a successful grassroots organization
Attendees include physicians, spouses of physicians, residents and medical students, and state medical society staff interested in becoming more involved in politics.
Please note the following:
- The Candidate Workshop is open to AMA physician members, member spouses, residents, medical students and state medical society staff.
- Registration fee is $250 for AMA Members/spouses and $1000 for non-AMA members. This fee is waived for AMA residents and students; however, space is limited and the AMPAC Board will review and select four participants from the pool of qualified resident and student applicants.
- Faculty, materials, and all meals during the meeting are covered by the AMA. Participants are responsible for their registration fee, travel to/from Washington, DC and hotel accommodations (AMA will provide you with a list of nearby hotels within walking distance of the AMA offices).
- Participants will be required to bring a laptop or Wi-Fi enabled tablet with them.
Registration for the 2024 AMPAC Candidate Workshop is now OPEN. Space is limited and the deadline to register is March 1, 2024.
For more information please contact: [email protected]