Thank you for your interest in exploring career opportunities at the Medical Society of Virginia. MSV is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Society of Virginia seeks a Political Advocacy Manager
The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is a professional membership association representing physicians across the Commonwealth. The organization is committed to advocating for physicians on important policies and issues to ensure Virginia is the best place to practice medicine and receive care.
We know that our vision is a meaningful one that requires the very best talent. We are seeking a Political Advocacy Manager to manage the MSV Political Action Committee (PAC) and support MSV’s lobbying and grassroots mobilization efforts across the state for the Medical Society of Virginia. The position will be responsible for the development and implementation of an annual fundraising plan for the MSVPAC. In addition, this position will be responsible for leading and managing the MSVPAC Board. This position will serve as a proactive member of the lobbying team.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan for MSVPAC
- Develop and lead MSVPAC e-mail and mail solicitations and campaigns
- Track and manage individual and group PAC donors
- Create and implement a donor recognition program
- Manage and update MSVPAC web content
- Coordinate and communicate planning of MSVPAC events
- Monitor and respond to MSVPAC email account
- Collaborate with the GA team on membership mobilization.
- Identify membership and coordinate appointments and visits with legislators
- Maintain and update key data in membership database (i.e. legislative contacts, event registrations, correspondence, etc.
- Work with Government Affairs Manager to create WCOC 365 recruitment strategy and communication plan
- Writes action alerts and mobilizes volunteers to respond to online action alerts
- Manage General Assembly activities during session including:
- Lead coordination of lobbying day activities with MSV leadership and additional physician professional organizations
- Manage all Voter Voice advocacy communications—including drafting and distribution.
- Secure contracts for General Assembly Session (Capitol office, hotel for lobby days, space for Lobbyist Lunches, etc.)
- Provide logistical planning of weekly Lobbyist Lunch meetings to include room and lunch coordination and the recording of meeting minutes
- Assist GAP team with day-to-day lobbying activities, including attending member meetings, committee hearings, and testifying on behalf of MSV
- Some travel in-state to local medical practices.
- Perform database searches and compile reports as requested.
- Work with the MSV finance department to ensure all department check requests are filed in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of fundraising experience; political fundraising experience a plus
- Working knowledge of grassroots advocacy principles or political campaigns/political process
- Ability to implement programs and initiatives by engaging all key partners and constituents
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new computer applications
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to maintain a consistently positive outlook towards all members and staff
- Ability to travel overnight within state
If you meet the following requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to Employment@MSV.org.
MSVIA Available Opportunities
Check back soon.
MSV also has a JobBoard for physician positions throughout the United States. Click here to visit.