Health Care Workers Voting Information
Tuesday November 2, 2021 Virginia General Election | Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, State Delegates, Local Offices
Am I eligible to vote?
- A Citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years of age by November 2, 2021
- A resident of Virginia
- Had voting rights restored if convicted of felony or judged mentally incapacitated
How do I register or update my registration? Deadline: October 12, 2021
- Online: elections.virginia.gov/registration (need DMV driver’s license or ID card) by 11:59 PM
- By Mail: Download forms from Department of Elections website or pick up from local registrar, public libraries, or government centers. Registrar must receive by 5:00 PM.
- Automatic registration when accessing services at DMV.
Three ways to vote:
1. Vote by mail: no excuse needed
- Apply Online (www.vote.elections.virginia.gov) or by paper applications available at Registrar, DMV, Supervisors’ offices, and libraries. Return application by October 22, 2021.
- Return ballot by mail, postmarked on or before November 2, 2021 OR return ballot to your registrar OR put in drop boxes at Office of Elections, satellite early voting locations, or local precinct drop box by 7:00 PM on November 2, 2021.
2. In-person early voting (absentee): No excuse needed
- September 17 – October 30
- At your local Registrar’s office – and possible other sites in your voting jurisdiction.
- Check Vote 211.org for more early voting locations in your area.
3. On Election Day November 2nd - Polls open from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- An ID is required to vote. Acceptable examples: driver’s license, utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, government documents, a valid student photo ID or ID confirmation statement.
- See www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/in-person-voting for a complete list.
- Curbside voting should be available.