The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is a professional membership association representing physicians across the Commonwealth. The organization is committed to advocating for physicians on important policies and issues to ensure Virginia is the best place to practice medicine and receive care.
The Medical Society of Virginia is currently seeking a Political Advocacy Manager to focus on the organization’s political action committee (PAC) and grassroots effort on a statewide basis. In collaboration with the head of government affairs and organization fundraising staff, this position will be responsible for the implementation of an annual fundraising plan for the PAC as well as an annual development plan for grassroots efforts. This position will be responsible for managing the MSVPAC Board and will also serve as a member of the lobbying team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Implement the annual fundraising plan for MSVPAC
- Draft and produce MSVPAC e-mail and mail solicitations
- Track and manage individual and group PAC donors
- Create donor recognition program
- Manage and update MSVPAC web content
- Coordinate and communicate planning of MSVPAC events
- Monitor and respond to MSVPAC email account
- Develop and implement annual grassroots mobilization program
- Identify membership and coordinate appointments and visits with legislators
- Maintain and update key data in membership database (i.e. legislative contacts, event registrations, correspondence, etc.
- Management of General Assembly activities during session including:
- Coordinate lobbying day activities with MSV leadership and additional physician professional organizations
- Secure contracts for General Assembly Session (Capitol office, hotel for lobby days, space for Lobbyist Lunches, etc.)
- Logistical planning of weekly Lobbyist Lunch meetings to include room rental and lunch orders; record minutes during these meetings
- Perform database searches and compile reports as requested.
- Work with the MSV finance department to ensure all department check requests are filed in a timely manner.
Qualified candidates must have: Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years’ experience in customer service or member services; excellent customer service skills; ability to work independently; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new computer applications; flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent verbal and written skills; ability to maintain a consistently positive outlook towards all members and staff; ability to travel overnight within state; government affairs experience at the state and/or federal level a plus.
If you meet the following requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected].