The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is a professional membership association representing physicians across the Commonwealth. Through aspiring toward achievement of key values of the organization, including full engagement, elevating others, and adapting and evolving, we advocate for physicians on important policies and issues. MSV’s various entities include the association, insurance agency, foundation, and political action committee. Our passionate physician leaders and staff work each day to provide a variety of programs and services designed to make Virginia the best place in which to practice medicine and receive care.
MSV is seeking a Digital & Audience Strategy, Assistant Director to ensure that MSV maximizes the potential of digital branding and engagement channels. By collaborating with stakeholders and managing resources the incumbent plans and implements campaign strategies, content, features and functionality on MSV’s portfolio of websites and platforms, across social media and through the outbound email channel. The Digital & Audience Strategy, Assistant Director combines best practices in user experience with analytics and experimentation to realize a digital presence that exceeds user expectations and achieves MSV’s goals by defining strategic objectives and project requirements, establishing priorities, and managing expectations. Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversees and develops, in conjunction with the VP of SPAR and the Manager of Media, PR & Communications, approaches that support strategic goals, deliver value to stakeholders and inspire key audience segments to action.
- Works with the senior staff members to develop and execute an annual website and digital communications plan, including social media.
- Supports the public relations strategy through developing new ways to tell stories through multimedia, and will lead the strategic planning for digital communications.
- Evolves and optimizes the usability and visual design of MSV’s website related properties based on best practices in user experience design and website analytics
- Project manages the creation of digital content, integration of new tools and launch of new functionality to support key health policy, legislative, education and engagement initiatives.
- Uses content management systems, including Drupal and Higher Logic to plan and implement calendar updates.
- Develops and implements an annual strategy for community management of online forums to drive engagement and user experience to align with corporate strategy.
- Advises colleagues on and holds primary responsibility for development of database queries to optimize targeted marketing to align with communications strategies.
- Project manages creative development, production and budgets.
- Works with technical resources to ensure digital platforms are reliable and secure.
- Uses third party email platforms to code and configure outbound emails in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external resources.
- Integrates analytics into website and digital initiatives, identifies actionable insights, publishes reports and presents business cases for new digital strategies that advance organizational mission.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, new media or a related field.
- 7-10 years of leadership in website, digital or interactive strategic development and management, ideally on healthcare or membership oriented websites.
- A digital enthusiast with unbridled passion and enthusiasm for technology and the ambition to create and innovate in the digital space.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and advise internal customers at the highest level of excellence across departments, stakeholders and a variety of subject matter experts.
- Excellent organization and project management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects to budget and schedule.
- A consultative strategist and analytical thinker with an affinity for data analysis, dashboard development, reporting and identifying actionable insights.
If you meet these requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to Employment@MSV.org.