The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is a professional membership association representing physicians across the Commonwealth. The organization is committed to advocating for physicians on important policies and issues to ensure Virginia is the best place to practice medicine and receive care.
The Medical Society of Virginia is seeking a Data Integrity Specialist to ensure data quality for the customer relationship management (CRM) system and support integration points with the online member community and content management system (CMS). The incumbent will be responsible for creating and documenting new processes within the CRM (workflows, reports, charts, advanced find queries, views etc.) and assisting staff with general database needs, questions, and training. This position requires: advanced analytic skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; an understanding of MSV’s business processes, member needs, and technological support for these processes and needs; and knowledge of integrated database management and the ability to work cooperatively with the Director of Marketing, the Director of IT, the Accounting Manager, and customer service staff, to best serve the organization and member needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for staff in managing problems, questions, new user set-up, updates, and changes.
- Import member data and lists from external sources as needed.
- Create workflows, queries and reports as identified by management, and coordinate with vendor for business process requests that are too complicated to be designed internally. Prioritize requests in light of complexity, business needs and budget.
- Orient new staff to the CRM and assist with design and presentation of additional staff training as required by new processes or updates.
- Work individually with staff of various technical abilities to increase their ability and comfort level in using the CRM. Help mentor and support data stewards.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual audits to maintain the integrity of the data in the CRM and monitor data to find and mitigate data integrity issues.
- Document changing data specifications and assist with maintaining standard operating procedures documentation.
- Maintain data integrity through data cleansing, identification of data trends, and monitoring of data entry trends
- Participate in business efforts to develop practices and processes to collect, standardize, sustain and continuously improve the quality of member & customer data to support company and customer programs and initiatives.
- Maintain documentation of technical integration with related systems, and coordinate with SPAR team on evolving integration with the CMS (DNN & Drupal).
- Support finance and department staff with data entry projects as needed.
- Other duties as developed and assigned
Qualified candidates education and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years related experience and/or training
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook, Power point)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational database concepts - experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM highly desired
- Familiarity with HTML, Visual Studio, VB.Net desired
- Knowledge and experience with content management systems – DotNetNuke (DNN) and Drupal preferred.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions and innovative methods to streamline processes and improve staff efficiency; works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans
If you meet these requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to Employment@MSV.org.