The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is a professional membership association representing physicians across the Commonwealth. The organization is committed to advocating for physicians on important policies and issues to ensure Virginia is the best place to practice medicine and receive care.
The Medical Society of Virginia is seeking an Assistant Director of Membership. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for Member growth through identifying and recruiting new Members, nurturing relationships with existing Members and implementing a successful member-to-member year round membership recruitment effort. This position is a unique blend of direct consultative sales, internal and external marketing, recruitment and relationship management. The position requires a proven track record of successful sales results in a related field.
In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for generating a well-defined plan to achieve departmental revenue and membership count goals. The plan should also include the details of an integrated cross-organizational audience management approach for retaining members developed in association with the Engagement Department. The Assistant Director of Membership will serve as an advocate and ambassador of member services and the critical role that Membership plays in regards to the success of the organization.
The Assistant Director of Membership will also ensure the enrollment process is successfully executed to meet revenue and membership count goals and that the Membership profile information and other pertinent membership data identified is captured in the organization’s CRM, JARVIS.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Consistent achievement of sales membership revenue goals for new Members through direct sales involving phone, in person visits, social media and e-mails
- Develop and execute strategic quarterly actions plans to drive a well-developed prospect pipeline
- Manage membership team members and work collaboratively with the Marketing team and the Engagement, GAP and Executive Office Departments to achieve membership revenue and count goals
- Engage members, leaders, and possibly a Membership Committee for recruitment of new Members
- Partner and create strong relationships with businesses, stakeholder organizations and healthcare related groups for Membership events
- Gather business intelligence on companies, leads and qualified prospects to drive membership related revenue growth generation
- Ensure new members are transitioned to and managed according to plan by appropriate engagement, audience managers and retention staff
- Develop programming and events, webinars and collateral to engage new members and encourage membership renewals.
- Assist in developing consultative sales training materials and programs to help guide all staff in member recruitment activities
- Document progress, opportunities, and contacts by capturing the information in the membership database
- Manage reporting through CRM and telephone data in order to measure and manage performance according to the defined success criteria
- Work with IT to ensure that the team has the appropriate training and tools for notating call results, updating CRM and measuring performance
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or relevant field
- 7-10+ years of demonstrated experience in sales, fundraising and/or account management
- Background or strong interest in healthcare and policy issues is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- Prior sales or fundraising experience is required
- Ability to work effectively with chief executive officers and senior management
- Ability to communicate effectively and build lasting relationships
- Results oriented with the ability to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Excellent relationship-building skills and transactional sales experience
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office programs, database and internet-based research
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet high volume work periods
- Competent and proficient understanding of customer service platforms and tools including customer databases (Microsoft Dynamics, salesforce.com) and Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If you meet these requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to Employment@MSV.org.