ePrescribing deadline extended!
3 November 2011
The new deadline to file for the Medicare ePrescribing (eRx) hardship exemption is now Tues., Nov. 8. Physicians who qualify for the following hardship exemption categories should click here
to file for a hardship exemption:
- Your practice is located in a rural area without highspeed internet access.
- Your practice is located in an area without sufficient available pharmacies for ePrescribing (CMS clarified by providing more examples including disruption of e-prescriptions between physician offices and pharmacies caused by natural disasters).
- You are registered to participate in the Medicare or Medicaid electronic health record (EHR) Incentive Program and you adopted certified EHR technology by October 1, 2011, and did so prior to requesting an exemption.
- You are unable to electronically prescribe due to local, state or federal law or regulation (CMS clarified that physicians who mainly prescribe narcotics but due to certain limitations cannot submit these prescriptions electronically can apply for this exemption category).
- Limited prescribing (you do not prescribe on a regular basis).
- There were too few opportunities for you to report the ePrescribing measure due to limitations of the measure’s denominator (you do e-prescribe but your electronic prescriptions are not related to qualifying visits/services).
If you have trouble accessing the communications support web page, please make sure to take the following steps:
- Select Tools/Internet Options/Advanced
- Scroll down toward the bottom and locate the "Use TLS 1.0" choice
- Place a checkmark in the "Use TLS 1.0" option and click okay
If you still have trouble accessing the site, the QualityNet Help Desk may be reached at 866 | 288-8912 or email@example.com.
View the American Medical Association’s fact sheet for additional information on the eRx hardship exemption.