Physician Assistant and Student Membership
The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is working toward making Virginia the best place to practice medicine and receive care. To strengthen its ability to successfully reach these goals, MSV acknowledges that teams must effectively provide health care and has formed a partnership with the Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants (VAPA).
MSV’s Physician Assistant Section is comprised of physician assistants and physician assistant student members. As affiliate members, physician assistant members are permitted to introduce resolutions to MSV’s House of Delegates and have a voice on issues important to health care teams. Together, we can achieve advances for health care in Virginia and look out for the best interests of patients.
Today, physicians and PAs work closely together so there is a growing need to build on that partnership to engage in efforts that impact both MSV and VAPA. MSV is offering PAs and PA students the opportunity to become affiliate members at a special rate. In this partnership, physicians and PAs can collaborate to advocate for the practice of medicine and work together to achieve shared goals.
Why should you join MSV and VAPA?
|MSV member benefits for PAs
- Participation in legislative initiatives and advocacy on health care issues
- MSV publications, alerts and social media
- Participation in MSV committees and task forces
- Educational courses and seminars at member discounted rates
- Access to policy helpline
- MSV Web site resources
- MSV Foundation program participation
- Offerings from MSV Insurance Agency
- Access to Directory of Virginia Physicians
How to join MSV
Call MSV – 800 | 746-6768, ext. 1050
Download an application (PDF)
|VAPA member benefits
- Virginia laws and reimbursement resources
- Regional networking and professional development opportunities
- Grant funding for charitable or research projects
- Reduced CME registration rates at the annual summer conference
- Access to password protected, online community and member directory
- Employment opportunities through PA job board
- Representation at the Board of Medicine
- Advocacy in the General Assembly and regulatory agencies
How to join VAPA